Who doesn’t love being pampered with a facial? Especially with Perth’s very dry winters – wreaks havoc on the skin, making the skin more dehydrated than usual.
I was offered the opportunity to experience a facial at Jurlique’s Nature Spa. Before I accepted, I actually jumped onto the Jurlique’s website to have a squizz at the ingredients of their products. No parabens or gross nasties, in fact, they use essential oils. From their own farm!
I had in the past used Jurlique, but that was many moons ago. It appears that they have reformulated and improved the quality of their products. It is possible, given the technology we now have and also it’s giving what the customer wants – natural, pure skin care from nature.
So, I accepted the opportunity. I actually never knew that Jurlique did facials, but now I know 🙂
Jurlique have two stores in Perth – one in the Wesley Quarter which is on the corner of William and Murray St and one in Claremont. I went to the one in Wesley Quarter, smack bang in the middle of the CBD.
When I walked into the store, the staff were very warm, friendly and welcoming. I was given a cup of chamomile tea.
My therapist for the beautiful facial was the lovely Elissa. She went through the pre-treatment checklist that I had filled out a few days prior. My skin was a little on dry side, so she recommended the Hydration range.
This is the treatment room.
The steps taken during the Classic Signature Facial:
- Opening ritual of Rosewater Balancing Mist being spritzed, followed by a scalp massage. This helped me block out the sounds of the hustle and bustle of the CBD.
- Cleansing with the Replenishing Cleansing Lotion and with the cleansing brush.
- Skin Analysis with a magnifying lamp. This takes a deeper look at the skin to confirm any skin concerns and to determine the perfect appropriate products and treatment plan.
- Aromatic compressions with Calendula and Lavender Hydrating Essence, warm water and muslin cloth to gently compress the skin.
- Exfoliating with Purely Age-Defying Refining Treatment.
- Massage 🙂 Firstly, Rose Moisture Plus Daily Balancing Serum was applied to boost hydration levels in my skin. The Skin Balancing Face oil was used as a massage medium to massage the face, neck shoulders and décolletage.
- Mask Application. Moisture Replenishing Mask was applied to my chin, upper lip and nose. Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising Cream Mask was applied all over face, neck and décolletage. Whilst the mask was drying, Elissa performed a hand pamper. She used the Body Exfoliating Gel to remove any dead skin cells and then applied Jurlique’s iconic Rose Hand Cream to lock in the hydration levels and leave the skin feeling so soft!
- Finished off with the Rosewater Balancing Mist, Rose Moisture Plus Daily Moisture Balancing Serum, Purely White Skin Brightening Eye Cream and locked in the hydration levels with the beautiful Rose Moisture Plus Moisturising cream. Elissa completed the moisturising and protection with the application of the Lip Care Balm and Sun Lotion SPF30+.
I’ve had my fair share of facials between Australia and Asia and always thought Asia facials were awesome. There would never be down time, if a mask was drying, the therapist would be doing something for you. Pampering you, the paying customer. This is what I got at Jurlique.
And in this facial at Jurlique, Elissa massaged my face with facial oil (step 6). It brought back memories from when I was at Mandara Spa (Grand Nikko Bali in Nusa Dua). You know it was good when you wake yourself up snoring! 😛
This is me after my facial…
I highly recommend this facial. The Classic Signature Facial is 1 hour long for $110. You will walk out feeling relaxed and blissed out!
I hope you will all give Jurlique a go. Support Australian businesses. And ditch the nasty chemicals in the high end cosmetics with lots of advertising.