Since I’ve been pregnant, I’ve been getting my baking on. I don’t know why… maybe preparing for motherhood where I’ll be baking things for my little one?
Normally, my baking skills are a bit hit and miss, but these turned out pretty good. I just had one fresh out of the oven, I hope I don’t get reflux tonight… the muffin was very fluffy. Which is what I wanted. Yay. Success. And that is why I’m sharing this with you.
I had about 4 ripe bananas that needed to be used and some yogurt.
Please note: I use the Thermomix TM5 to do all the mixing. You can do this with a food processor or a kitchenaid. You may also make this by hand too.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 105g sugar (I used light muscavdo and rapadura)
- 20g maple syrup (optional – will be less sweet, even then the muffin is not that sweet anyway)
- 245g ripened bananas (3 small to medium sized ones, I froze the 4th banana)
- 5g vanilla extract (I used a splash)
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (could also use sour cream or kefir)
- 225g plain flour (I used 195g plain white and 30g white spelt flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp crio bru (optional)
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon powder
- Leftover mixture of oats and nuts, unfortunately, I couldn’t tell you the amount, I just dumped it into the mixture… let’s just say you can add in an 1/8 cup of oats and 1/4 cup of nuts of choice – chopped.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine butter, sugar, maple syrup, bananas and vanilla extract in the Thermomix at speed 4 for 20 seconds or until liquidy.
- Add the eggs, salt, yogurt and mix on speed 4 for another 10 seconds.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, crio bru and the cinnamon powder. Mix on speed 5 for 40 seconds or until just combined.
- Add the mixture of oats and nuts. We want to keep the texture of the oats and nuts. Therefore, mix on speed 5, 10 seconds on reverse. Keep an eye on it, you want it to just be mixed through.
- Put into muffin tray and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. I baked mine at 30 minutes and it was nice.
- Serve warm with butter 🙂
Sorry, this recipe is not free of anything. It contains dairy, wheat, eggs, gluten and all things we love 😛 Enjoy!