The original recipe is Amy Crawford’s Walnut Brownie Breakfast Mousse/Smoothie over at The Holistic Ingredient. I tried this a couple of years ago and I remember it being pretty delicious. Then I came across Vanessa Vickery’s take on it on Instagram and thought, I need to make this again.
I made a couple of additions to Vanessa’s version. My version has probiotics, making it gut friendly. Walnuts and avocado are both wonderful superfoods, and excellent fats.
This can be eaten for breakfast or for dessert, or any time of day. It is filling and will keep you satiated for hours due to the fat content.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 frozen avocado
- Handful of walnuts
- Sweetener of choice (I used 2 medjool dates)
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tsp crio bru (cavalla french)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp Amazonia’s Raw Pre-Probiotic powder
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/16 tsp of vanilla powder
- Extra walnuts chopped and some cacao nibs for topping
- Throw everything into a high speed blender (like a Vitamix or Thermomix) and blend until it’s as smooth as a baby’s bottom!
- Serve into a nice glass, top with walnuts and cacao nibs.
- You’ll probably need to eat this with a spoon. Enjoy!