Angie Stylez, you ask? Well, I saw a recipe and decided that I wasn’t going to go out and buy the specific ingredients for it. Instead, I went into my fridge and found that I needed to use up a capsicum and a carrot. And I also had a packet of dried chinese mushrooms sitting in the cupboard.
These recipes are SO forgiving. It doesn’t really matter what you put into them, as long as there is a shitload of GOODNESS. YEAHHH!!!
Meat, you can use any mince you wish. I used turkey. Still tastes dang good 🙂
You’ll see that I served this with butter lettuce, I didn’t have cos or iceberg lettuce. Again, just use what you have.
What you’ll need
- Mince meat, whatever you have on hand
- Veggies (opportunity to clean out your fridge)
- Minced garlic
- Chopped onion
- Fat of choice (I use either lard, beef dripping or ghee)
- Other flavourings while frying up such as tamari, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil (only use this at the end after heat has been turned off!)
What to do
- Using a fry pan or wok, saute the onion in your fat of choice. Add the mince. Make sure it is cooked through, season with a little salt to your taste.
- Add in the veggies. Followed by other condiments, such as tamari, sriracha sauce etc.
- Once veggies are cooked, turn off the heat. Add a bit of sesame oil and mix it together. Serve in a nice bowl with some lettuce leaves.
My picture is pretty terrible, but the dish sure tasted good. Great for summer dinners 🙂